· Performs reporting, risk assessments and auditing and observes all QHSE related activities and policies within a location
· The Safety Officer is responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations and developing measures to assure personnel safety.
· Correct unsafe acts or conditions through the regular line of authority.
· Participate in planning meetings to identify any health and safety concerns inherent in the operations daily work-plan.
· Review the Incident Action Plan for safety implications.
· Investigate accidents that have occurred within incident areas.
· Ensure preparation and implementation of Site Safety and Health Plan (SSHP).
· Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
· Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
· Conducts job hazard analysis.
· Watches out for the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations.
· Responds to employees’ safety concerns.
· Support the development of OHS policies and programs.
· Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
· Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
· Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
· Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
· Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
· Carry out PTW Monitoring and review
- 3-5 years experience part of which must have been in a healthcare environment. Alternatively, the candidate should have a first degree in a healthcare related course.
- Relevant HSE certification (NISP, NEBOSH, etc.)
- QMS training certificate or experience
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
Application Deadline: October 17, 2020