The Head of Project is responsible for project delivery and overall coordination of the project department and team members in all project locations, HE/SHE is Saddled with the overall responsibility of ensuring quality and customer satisfaction for all projects.
· Provide overall co-ordination of the project department and its team members
· Provide supervisory oversight on main contractor and scope of work.
· Ensure all designs are thoroughly checked and signed off in a timely fashion
· Ensure quality control and conformity of architectural/construction drawings and other service drawings
· Continuous tracking of project requirement and scope changes
· Update of action log and close out outstanding issues within stipulated time
· Liaise directly with consultants to ensure project objectives are met
· Co-ordinate project meetings between consultants and project team
· Ensure quality control across project sites.
· Conduct value engineering and provide evidence of cost reduction
· Ensure proper stakeholder engagement.
· Responsible for quality control on all project sites
· Responsible for set up and coordination of all green and brown field project
Post Design Phase Activities
· Project Scheduling and Monitoring.
· Provide first level interface between project consultants and organization.
· Assist consultants & Tender committee with the preparation of tender documentation.
· Measure and verify project scope
· Facilitate scope change requests
· Facilitate and prepare impact assessments of scope change requests
· Organize and facilitate scheduled change control meetings
· Communicate outcomes of scope change requests –
· Report project performance to the EDD
· B.Sc Degree in Engineering, Building Technology or related field
· Minimum of 10 years overall experience out of which 3 should be a leadership role
· Member of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage
· Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
· Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
· Understanding of all facets of the construction process
· Familiarity with construction management software packages
· Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
· Competent in conflict and crisis management
· Leadership and human resources management skills
· Excellent time and project management skills
Application Deadline: August 29, 2020